♪ - FORUM PRO : Conseils et infos relatifs à l'exercice de l'activité de compositeur. (Juridique, administratif, commercial, ...) Contrats, licences, rémunération, votre statut, vos droits, ...  
RĂ©pondre
   - Gordon Shamway -
Membre ♪

SACEM / TV "Gulli"

Message  { par Gordon Shamway

Chers collègues, j'ai besoin de votre aide !

Malheureusement, je ne parle que d'un peu de français.
Néanmoins, j'essaie de poser ma question en français.
( And a little bit in english , sorry ... )

J'ai appris que ma musique sera diffusé sur la chaîne de télévision "Gulli".

I wrote the score for a childrens programme a few years ago,
that will very likely be broadcastet on "Gulli" in France , between 12 -14 o'clock .

Question 1:

Est-ce que quelqu'un sait combien la s a c e m payé pour une minute sur "Gulli" ?

Question 2:
Is it necessary to track this channel via TUNESAT , just in case that this TV Channel is one of those that "forgets" to report to s a c e m ?

Question 3:
Does s a c e m accepts detections by TUNESAT ? ( Like the german GEMA does .)

Merci pour votre aide!

G. 
          - Compositeur .org -       Forum des Compositeurs : Musique et Composition
   - filmtunes -
Membre ♪♪

Re: SACEM / TV "Gulli"

Message  { par filmtunes

Hello,

Gulli TV is part of the "cable and satellite package" which the s a c e m handles once a year : the distribution of royalties for year n takes place in july of year n+1. (It will take at least a year more for the money to reach you via the PRO in your country, because the s a c e m will send it to them first.) So if you wish to send any information to s a c e m then you should do so before mai of the year n+1. I don't know if they accept TUNESAT. (Personnally I always send them the complete list of broadcasts dates; they already have the cuesheets.)

Now let's talk about the amount of money you can expect! There are different coefficients for types of cable TVs:

Chaîne thématique à faible contenu musical
(ex : Eurosport, i>Télé, Public Sénat…) --> coeff. 1

Chaîne thématique à caractère généraliste
(ex : W9, RTL9, France 4…) --> coeff. 2

Chaîne thématique à fort contenu musical ou audiovisuel
(ex : MCM, Virgin 17, Gulli, Ciné Cinémas…) --> coeff. 4

The day time of broadcast does not make any difference for cable royalties. I looked up in my last july account and I calculated that for Gulli you will get approximately 4.90€/minute (coefficient included). If there are hundreds of broadcasts as is often the case in cable, then it can get very interesting ;-) 
   - Gordon Shamway -
Membre ♪

Re: SACEM / TV "Gulli"

Message  { par Gordon Shamway

Bernhard , ... merci merci merci !!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time and write down all this very precious info !
I really appreciate that . Very kind of you.
filmtunes a écrit : Gulli TV is part of the "cable and satellite package" which the s a c e m handles once a year : the distribution of royalties for year n takes place in july of year n+1. ...

There are different coefficients for types of cable TVs:

Chaîne thématique à faible contenu musical
(ex : Eurosport, i>Télé, Public Sénat…) --> coeff. 1

Chaîne thématique à caractère généraliste
(ex : W9, RTL9, France 4…) --> coeff. 2

Chaîne thématique à fort contenu musical ou audiovisuel
(ex : MCM, Virgin 17, Gulli, Ciné Cinémas…) --> coeff. 4

The day time of broadcast does not make any difference for cable royalties. I looked up in my last july account and I calculated that for Gulli you will get approximately 4.90€/minute (coefficient included).
A few days ago I read through this s a c e m information sheet:

http://www.s a c e m.fr/files/content/sites ... N_2014.pdf

But some of the information in there was not very clear to me , due to my limited
ability to understand your wonderful language.

So thanks for your detailed explanations and actually providing a "number" , which is indeed so helpful to know. I assume 4.90Euro/minute is the number for 100% royalties , right ?
I have a publisher involved , which will then also get its share from this 4.90Euro .

filmtunes a écrit : So if you wish to send any information to s a c e m then you should do so before mai of the year n+1. ...
Very good to know, indeed !
filmtunes a écrit : ... (Personnally I always send them the complete list of broadcasts dates; they already have the cuesheets.)
Yes , I generally do this too , with my PRO.

Bernard , again , thank you so much for your insight and help !

Best wishes

G. 
RĂ©pondre